A meeting of the Eurogroup was held on 5 April 2019. Once again it met in its regular format as well as in its inclusive format. The agenda includes the following items:
- Briefing on the progress made by Greece on the implementation of the reform commitments specified in the Eurogroup statement of June 2018;
- Briefing on the activities of the Single Resolution Board (SRB) and of the ECB's Supervisory Board;
- Discussion on inflation and exchange rate developments;
- Discussion on the updated draft budgetary plan submitted by Luxembourg for 2019, based on an Opinion issued by the European Commission;
- Exchange of views with the Chair of the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee on the Eurozone's economic outlook and challenges;
- Discussion on the deepening of the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), particularly on the features of the budgetary instruments for convergence and competitiveness for the Euro Area and with a focus on governance aspects;
- Update on progress with the discussions on a roadmap for beginning political negotiations on a European deposit insurance scheme (EDIS).